none
Where is Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.dll on Office 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• I've just upgraded from Office Professional Plus 2010 to Office Pro Plus 2013 and there is no Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.dll

Where can I get this interop library?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Cieszak,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I know that Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.dll will be installed when you install Visual Studio Ultimate 2012.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Cieszak Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:31 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Cieszak,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I know that Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.dll will be installed when you install Visual Studio Ultimate 2012.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Cieszak Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:31 PM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:04 AM
  • Tom,

Do you know if buying Visual Studio Ultimate is still the only way to get the interop library for OneNote 2013?  I just want to write a simple plugin that allows the user to invert image colors from within OneNote.  But I'm not going to spend a few $1000.  Ideally there would be a way to do this with Visual Studio Express...

Thanks.

Monday, May 12, 2014 6:07 AM
  • Hi "Henry"

The "interop libraries" for all Office applications are installed as part of Office and are independent of Visual Studio. These are installed to the GAC and can be referenced via the COM tab of the References dialog box, not the .NET tab.

Some editions of VS install their own set of PIAs for the version of Office current at the time of their release. These appear in the .NET tab of the References dialog box. Some people recommend to always use these; I prefer to use the reference from the COM tab as that will be sure to provide the PIAs for the version of Office you intend to target, not those current at the time of VS release.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Monday, May 12, 2014 1:50 PM
  • I add Microsoft OneNote 15.0 Object Library

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 1:34 AM