Unable to unlock windows phone Lumia 525 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi we are trying to unlock a device using Windows SDK 8.  

We are following all the below steps.

To register your phone by using the Windows Phone Developer Registration Tool

1. Turn on your phone and unlock the phone screen.

2. On your phone, ensure that the date and time are correct.

3. Connect your phone to your computer by using the USB cable that came with your phone.

4. On your computer’s Start screen, switch to All apps view.

5. Under Windows Phone SDK 8.0, click Windows Phone Developer Registration. The app starts, as shown in the following image.

6. Click Register.

7. In the Sign In dialog box for your Microsoft account (formerly known as a Windows Live ID), enter the email address and password for your Microsoft account. Click Sign In.

8. If you’re a registered developer, be sure to use the Microsoft account associated with your developer account.

9. After your phone is successfully registered, the Status message displays Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked your Windows Phone.

Instead of Step 9 encounter a problem:"Error logging into Windows Phone Dev Center. Please check your Microsoft Account and password and try again."

I am using the same credential what i am using to login into Microsoft account.

Please give me some suggestion how to handle this situation.

Thanks,

Ankan

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:42 AM

All replies

• Is your Microsoft Account registered as a Developer account?
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:54 AM
  • Yes I have an Account which is paid and registered as a Developer account. 

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:50 PM
  • Has the phone been updated to Windows Phone 8.1? There might be issues unlocking an 8.1 device using the 8.0 SDK.
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:20 PM
  • Device what i am using details.

Software: Windows Phone 8.0

OS version:8.0.10517.150

Model: NOKIA Lumia 525

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:46 PM