Sql 2005 DB Mail Setup Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to setup Database Mail on a production box running SP1. I've followed the directions listed in 2005 BOL for guidance during the setup process. I've configured Database Mail and attempt to send a Test Message. The message gets queued, the databaseMail Process gets started, but during the actual send process I get the following exception information :

Exception Type: System.NullReferenceException
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite: Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlIMail.Server.Objects.Account GetAccount(Int32)
    HelpLink: NULL
    Source: DatabaseMailEngine

I've done all the preliminary checks to verify that SMTP is set up properly and that the firewall is not blocking any of the email messages i am trying to send. Database mail has been setup as the default profile for Sql Server Agent. I'm able to log in to mail and verify the mail account is setup properly. Sql is started up with a domain account and the account is part of the sysadmin server profile.

I've been able to find next to nothing thus far on this issue. Any feeback/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    J.
    Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:30 PM

Answers

• Issue as been resolved. The SMTP relay server wasn't in the same domain that SQL Mail was pointed to.
    Friday, November 17, 2006 6:02 PM