none
Modified code snippet EncapsulateField does not become active.

Question

• I always used a modified version of EncapsulateField.snippet in the past (VS2013 and before) and that worked fine. But now in VS2015 always the default one becomes active after pressing <Ctrl>-R-E (without my modifications).
    But the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC#\Snippets\1031\Refactoring\EncapsulateField.snippet" contains my modifications. ????
    What must I change to use my modified snippet also in VS2015?
    Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:25 AM

Answers

• Hi PK257,

I could repro your issue in my side, I think this may be a bug in VS2015. According to your description, I have modified the EncapsulateField.snippet file in VS2013 Ultimate, then the VS could encapsulate fields as I expected. But it does not work in VS2015.

I have submitted this feedback to the Visual Studio and .NET Framework Home, you could vote and comment it, which could help others who have the same issue as yours. Thank you very much.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/3103501

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 19, 2016 5:40 AM