Provider could not determine string value RRS feed

• Question

• User-1141989135 posted

I am using asp.net visual studion express version 8.   I am getting an strange error while trying to read data from an access data base:

The provider could not determine the String value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the String column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new String value

I have lots of similar sql queries to this data base that work just fine.  I can't seem to find any articles that explain what this is or how to fix.

Please Help  !!!

Sunday, March 1, 2009 3:52 PM

Answers

• User-1141989135 posted

I found the problem !

There was a division by zero going on.  I do not know why it did not say that in the error message, because that is what it usually says for a division by zero error  !

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:36 PM

All replies

• User-1593004730 posted

The provider could not determine the String value

Can you show a sample of the code you are using to read the data?

Specifically, what error(s) are you getting?

Sunday, March 1, 2009 9:58 PM
  • User-1141989135 posted

This is the exact error:

The provider could not determine the String value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the String column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new String value

Monday, March 2, 2009 8:51 AM
  • User-1141989135 posted

I found the problem !

There was a division by zero going on.  I do not know why it did not say that in the error message, because that is what it usually says for a division by zero error  !

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 2, 2009 1:36 PM