none
Crosstab Query RRS feed

Answers

• Hi, If you want to have specific columns, you can enter the names in the Column Headings property. Hope it helps...
    Sunday, July 30, 2017 12:33 AM

All replies

• Hi, If you want to have specific columns, you can enter the names in the Column Headings property. Hope it helps...
    Sunday, July 30, 2017 12:33 AM
  • I tried that and it works but I was hoping that there could be another way so you don't have to go back into the Column Headings property if the heading names change.
    Sunday, July 30, 2017 12:40 AM
  • You're looking for a "dynamic crosstab". Here's a post that may help:

https://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=242545

-- Scott McDaniel, Microsoft Access MVP

Sunday, July 30, 2017 10:11 AM
  • I have decided to use the Column Headings Property because I have not been successful with the dynamic crosstab solution. Its a bit complicated. If there is a simplier solution I am willing to try it. Thank you.
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 11:04 AM
  • I tried that and it works but I was hoping that there could be another way so you don't have to go back into the Column Headings property if the heading names change.

Explain a little more about how the heading names change.

There are ways to do dynamic crosstab queries using queries ahead of the crosstab to formulate the headings on the fly.

Post your query SQL and 'example' data (not need be exact data).

Build a little, test a little

Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:36 PM
  • I have decided to use the Column Headings Property because I have not been successful with the dynamic crosstab solution. Its a bit complicated. If there is a simplier solution I am willing to try it. Thank you.

Hi,

Maybe a "simpler" solution is to still use the Column Headings but use code to modify it via a QueryDef object.

Just a thought...

Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:45 PM