Can SSMA (OracleToSQL) trigger an event like firing a stored procedure after the 'Migrate Data' has completed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible for SSMA (OracleToSQL) to execute a stored procedure (TSQL) after the 'Migrate Data' has completed. If that can be done, please advise and provide steps how it can be achieved, thank you for your assistance. The version which I'm currently using is SQL Server Migration Assistance for Oracle v6.0.1.

Monday, December 12, 2016 4:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Johnwanng,

As far as I can tell, you cannot directly execute a stored procedure against SQL Server from SSMA. Is there any specific reason that you would like to achieve this ?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 8:36 AM
  • Hi Lin,

Well that’s a lot of valid reasons that I can think of. For example I would like to get an email sent when the SSMA has completed its ‘Migrate Data’ process so I can proceed to the next set of tasks. Alternatively, I want it to trigger another stored procedures to perform another next set of logical tasks after SSMA’s ‘Migration Data’ process has completed. Hence could you think of another method that I can use, please advise, thanks.
    Monday, December 12, 2016 8:56 AM