Proxy Server?

Question

• We are currently using a proxy server but during installation it dose not detect it so inturn I can not login using my Windows Live account...
    But when going to weather app(lication) it displays a login for the company proxy server?

Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Yeah, this is a problem in that you can't connect to the proxy server at the login screen. Just disable the live connection.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:14 PM
  • agree thats a work around but would be nice to be able to have it show up the proxy information or some way of saving it with you account...
    Tehcnical Beta Tester || Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) || www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 9:10 PM
  • It seems proxy support is rather sporadic throughout.

I couldn't associate my Windows Account with my Live account behind a proxy. Had to do that with an open connection for it to work.

Also, seems IE struggles sometimes, and randomly when opening new windows it will throw up a (or multiple) new proxy authentication windows.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 11:19 PM
  • I dont think it saves the password I have to see if I can join it to the domin and see what happens, I also noticed there was AD adding under windows features (dont have this in Windows 7)???

Tehcnical Beta Tester || Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) || www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:28 AM
  • On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:28:15 +0000, o0MattE0o wrote:

I also noticed there was AD adding under windows features (dont have this in Windows 7)???

Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) which used to be
    known as Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM).

AS LDS is available as a download for Windows 7:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14683

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Daddy, what does "Formatting Drive C:" mean?

Friday, September 16, 2011 9:08 AM