none
Using settings files from specific directory RRS feed

• Question

• I am interested is using settings to store the settings for a project.

I don't want the ones normally changed using the properties.settings.default.save() or other standard methods.  I have already done the multiple settings files with other C# projects.

In this case, I want a single executable to use settings connected to the location of the shortcut used to launch the application.  This is to allow differing settings based on the folder used to launch the app.  I would rather use the properties.settings if possible.

XML seems to be the most common method currently, but I find it rather cumbersom for relatively few settings.

I'll have to deal with externally created XML files for this project anyway in other places, but I'd rather not for simple settings.

Andy

Friday, May 17, 2019 9:42 PM

All replies

• I don't want the ones normally changed using the properties.settings.default.save() or other standard methods.

I would rather use the properties.settings if possible.

That is a contradiction.

XML seems to be the most common method currently, but I find it rather cumbersom for relatively few settings.

The properties.settings are stored in XML files; .Net provides a higher-level (simpler) interface to them.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:49 PM