Bold Text? RRS feed

• Question

• I just launched Design for the first time, and entered some text. But I see no way to display Bold text. Font decoration allows only Regular and Italic. And searching Help returns nothing.

How the heck do I display Bold text?

Charley Kyd

Founder, ExcelUser.com
    Monday, November 10, 2008 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Charley,

Expression Design Font Decoration supports only the variations that are installed on your system.  Try changing the font style and observe the Font Decorations available ; many, but not all, have Regular, Italic, Bold & Bold Italic.  Design will not synthesize a 'Bold' for a Regular font.

In a pinch, you might be able to get a bold look by adding an outline to the text which remains editable as text. 

Regards,
    ~Fred
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Charley,

Expression Design Font Decoration supports only the variations that are installed on your system.  Try changing the font style and observe the Font Decorations available ; many, but not all, have Regular, Italic, Bold & Bold Italic.  Design will not synthesize a 'Bold' for a Regular font.

In a pinch, you might be able to get a bold look by adding an outline to the text which remains editable as text. 

Regards,
    ~Fred
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:21 AM
  •  If the font you want to use does not have the Bold option, you might be able to fake bold by adding in a basic black stroke with a width of 1 to the text. 
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:36 PM