Custom CGI Handlers RRS feed

• Question

• User-439472081 posted

I'm trying to track and log information about which request resulted in spawning a specific CGI process (map: unique request --> CGI process id). So far I've had little luck using modules due to IIS's use of "thread agility." My first attempt hooked at PreRequestHandlerExecute but in situations with high concurrency the correctness of the mapping/logger did not hold up.

I'm currently considering an approach that either injects information into a child CGI process through environment variables, which can be used to recreate the mapping, or if possible wrapping/extending the CGI handler to record the information I need when Create Process is called.

So my question is, are there any open source CGI handlers or is it possible to extend the built in CGI handler to perform these additional tasks? Additionally, I'm open to any suggestions or references to prior attempts to do this.

Thanks

Saturday, September 8, 2018 7:08 AM

All replies

• User121216299 posted

Hi Ike P,

You had asked,"are there any open source CGI handlers or is it possible to extend the built in CGI handler to perform these additional tasks".

I did not get any information about open source CGI handlers or did not get information about extending the built in handlers.

You may try to visit link below may help you to solve your issue.

Developing IIS 7.0 Modules and Handlers with the .NET Framework

Regards

Deepak

Monday, September 10, 2018 6:39 AM