Download files using blob i windows azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i just saw your post.

I'm trying to make application using windows azure SDk kit 1.8.

I have the same case where i need to download files from azure. Can i use service bus for the same

I have installed the required pre-requistes and what i want is to simply create a application, where my client app is a desktop app and i want o download files from windows azure.

Could you please guide me through this. Its a file download application. I have read that i can use blob for this purpose.

I just want to develop on my local dev machine windows 7, i cannot use the Service bus namespaces , as i have to make POC for the same.

Please help me out in this as i'm new to azure.

Monday, June 3, 2013 2:03 PM

Answers

• There is a client in the SDK (for many platforms) that lets you call the Blob storage services easily. The Azure training kit has a couple of examples on this.

The basics are that you can upload files to blob store which you can download via a URL either via the client (using an access key) or directly via the URL using a Signed Access Signature.

Using the service bus would make sense if you need a relay service (for connectivity) or message brokering (for decoupling and workload balancing etc.), this might not be the case in your scenario. 

Please mark that you can get a free trial which is ideal for research & POC purposes. With that you can use all the Azure features you need for free (limited in time and usage only).

Never miss the latest Windows Azure news on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/

Monday, June 3, 2013 2:56 PM