none
C# Project Properties failing to display/load

Question

• Hi there,

I am using Visual Studio Community 2015. I have a project that builds successfully. 

My problem: When I try to navigate to the Project Properties (either Project -> foo.CSharp Properties  || View -> Properties Window || View -> Property Pages || Right clicking on the project in the Solution Explorer and selecting Properties) I do not get any displayed information.

There is a brief flash (I assume the properties window trying to load/open) and then it disappears leaving me with no change. 

The reason I have been trying to access this is to address this issue ( http://puu.sh/orT24/566c434ccf.png ) and change my version to C# 6.0.

Thank you in advance!

Friday, April 22, 2016 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hi BigAttempt,

Which kind of app did you create open in your VS2015? If you create a simple C# console app in your VS2015, could you view the project property?

(1)If all projects have the same issue, I suggest you repair your VS, please also install the VS2015 update 2, and then create a simple app, check it again.

(2)But if just the specific app has this issue, it would be not related to the VS IDE, we would think about the project itself. For example, how did you create this project? Do you create it by yourself or others? We have to know the previous Environment, so we could know that whether the VS2015 community version really supports it.

>>feature null propagating operator is not available in c# 4. Please use language version 6 or greater.

I just met this kind of issue in the MVC app like this one:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32526728/vs-2015-will-not-build-my-project-as-c-sharp-6-0

It seems to be related to the MVC version.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 25, 2016 4:19 AM