[UWP][XBOX]How long for app to appear in Xbox Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've got a UWP app that has been published to the Xbox only, but how long would you expect to wait for it to show up in All Apps on the Xbox?  It was initially published on 8th February and have done some updates since, but I just can't find it by looking in the Store tab. I've tried looking in All Apps, New Apps etc but no sign of it, however, if I press search and type the first couple of words then it finds it, but obviously people can only install it if they already know to look for it.

The app is LEGO Dimensions Abilities Guide

Appreciate any guidance with this.

Cheers,

Stu

Sunday, February 26, 2017 2:35 PM

Answers

• I've had a reply to my ticket:

The reason you are not showing the application in all apps is that the “All Apps” category is a ranking based listing. You will not see every application on the all apps category. Now as you are able to see the application in the search the store listing is working normally. I apologize for the confusion of the all apps listing.

I've mentioned that in the Store App on both mobile and desktop you can search by category, but this feature isn't available on Xbox Store and as my app is published to Xbox only, no one can find it unless they already know of if and search for it themselves.  Reply was:

I understand the frustration with the listing of the application but Xbox does not yet have divided categories in the windows store. This is likely to be added into a later implementation of the store for Xbox. I apologize that the app does not appear in the all apps option but this is a ranked listing so not all application submitted to the Xbox store will appear.

Fingers crossed this gets added to the Xbox Store fairly soon to help all developers to have their apps discoverable.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by swayton Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:50 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Stu,

Can you please create a support ticket here through your developer account so that Dev Center support could access your specific application info?

After that, you may also provide your ticket number here so that I can report it to related team. I will keep you posted.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Thanks Mattew, the incident number is 1376215110

Regards,

Stu

Monday, February 27, 2017 9:24 AM
  • I've had a reply to my ticket:

The reason you are not showing the application in all apps is that the “All Apps” category is a ranking based listing. You will not see every application on the all apps category. Now as you are able to see the application in the search the store listing is working normally. I apologize for the confusion of the all apps listing.

I've mentioned that in the Store App on both mobile and desktop you can search by category, but this feature isn't available on Xbox Store and as my app is published to Xbox only, no one can find it unless they already know of if and search for it themselves.  Reply was:

I understand the frustration with the listing of the application but Xbox does not yet have divided categories in the windows store. This is likely to be added into a later implementation of the store for Xbox. I apologize that the app does not appear in the all apps option but this is a ranked listing so not all application submitted to the Xbox store will appear.

Fingers crossed this gets added to the Xbox Store fairly soon to help all developers to have their apps discoverable.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by swayton Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:50 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2017 7:20 PM
  • Hello Stu,

I would like to suggest you to submit your feedback at the uservoice site so that this request can be added to the MSFT's to-do-list. You may check the idea status to know if it's accepted. Usually, the more votes your request gets, the more possible it will be implemented. 

Besides, since your last response is received from Dev Center support and it's indeed the answer to the question in your post, you may mark it as answer so that other developers could know it more conveniently.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:09 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:06 AM
  • Thanks Mattew.

I have now submitted this to uservoice.  If anyone else who would like to see this on the Xbox store also, you can upvote it here

Uservoice - Allow users to search by category in the Xbox Store app

Many thanks,

Stu

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:02 AM