repeating sections (InfoPath 2003 and SP 2003) RRS feed

• Question

• Rookie here - still using Infopath 2003 and SharePoint 2003.  I have a simple form, trying to use a repeating section to capture vendor names associated with a process.  Insert item works fine but when submitted to my SharePoint form library I'm only seeing the first vendor selected and not subsequent vendors added through the "insert item" option.  I'm sure this is something amazingly simple I'm missing but I haven't been able to find an answer despite searching the web for several days.

Also, if anyone has ideas for setting a unique file name using some type of record counter that would also be useful.  Thanks!

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:42 PM (InfoPath 2003 and SP 2003) added to Title as neither are default here. "Rookie question" removed as not a problem description
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Nick, actually it's not so simple.  OOTB it does not allow you submit all rows (only 1) from a repeating table to SharePoint.  You have to do it programmatically.

I'm not sure how to do it with 2003.  I do have a question though - are you trying to get each row of the repeating table into their own row in your library?  Or do you want all of the vendors inputed into one sharepoint column in the same row in the form library?

• Edited by Melissa Renton MCTS Tuesday, April 5, 2011 5:06 PM removed 2007 links
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:25 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Nick, actually it's not so simple.  OOTB it does not allow you submit all rows (only 1) from a repeating table to SharePoint.  You have to do it programmatically.

I'm not sure how to do it with 2003.  I do have a question though - are you trying to get each row of the repeating table into their own row in your library?  Or do you want all of the vendors inputed into one sharepoint column in the same row in the form library?

• Edited by Melissa Renton MCTS Tuesday, April 5, 2011 5:06 PM removed 2007 links
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:25 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:38 PM
  • Melli111:

You seem to have missed that he is using InfoPath 2003 and SP 2003. Your link is for InfoPath 2007

(I have only just added that info to the Title but it was already in the text)

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:44 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, Melli.  Ideally I'd like each row to have a row in the library.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:40 AM