none
T2Embed Font Embedding - Is there a component in WES 2009 for this? RRS feed

• Question

• Have a working WES build, but was asked to install the Powerpoint 2007 viewer to my runtime. Downloaded and installed both this and the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack, along with SP2 update of the compatibility pack. But was unable to open a PPTX file.

Discovered that my build was missing T2EMBED.DLL. Copied from an XP Pro laptop to my runtime's \windows\system32, and I'm now able to open PPTX with the Powerpoint 2007 viewer.

So my question is whether the Target Designer has this component by default, and what is it called? Or do I need to make a new component to add this.
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:47 PM

Answers

• The component that contains the T2EMBED.DLL is "Font Object Embeddeding Library".

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Marked as answer by schut09 Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:26 PM
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:39 AM

All replies

• The component that contains the T2EMBED.DLL is "Font Object Embeddeding Library".

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Marked as answer by schut09 Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:26 PM
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 5:39 AM
  • maybe you can search the component in Target Designer,  the function which you can find  the component including the T2EMBED.DLL  is very userful, Once you miss a file, you can use the function to find it .

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 7:46 AM