What is the meaning of the differently generated AdUnits? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What is the meaning of the differently generated AdUnits?

For example let see an app named APP.

1.) Some years ago I generated an ad unit in the PubCenter.
    Ad unit name: APP1
    Application ID: xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Ad unit ID: 10xxxxxx
    This ad unit is only visible in PubCenter, but not visible in DevCenter. Why this ad unit not visible in DevCenter?

2.) In August 2015 whithout my interraction, 4 more ad unit have been created, with the same Application ID: yyyyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    11yyyyyy GlobalAdControlAPP-PH
    11yyyyyy GlobalAdControlAPP-P
    11yyyyyy GUID-PH
    11yyyyyy GUID-P

Why these ad units have been created? What is the meaning of "P" and "PH"?
    These ad units visible in PubCenter, but not visible in DevCenter! Why these ad units not visible in DevCenter?

3.) Now in DevCenter I have created an ad unit. This is the only ad unit that visible in DevCenter.
    11zzzzz APP
    Why the DevCenter shows only part of the ad units?

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 7:41 PM

All replies

• any info?
    Friday, January 29, 2016 8:39 PM
  • Hello,

What is the meaning of the differently generated AdUnits?

For example let see an app named APP.

1.) Some years ago I generated an ad unit in the PubCenter.
    Ad unit name: APP1
    Application ID: xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Ad unit ID: 10xxxxxx
    This ad unit is only visible in PubCenter, but not visible in DevCenter. Why this ad unit not visible in DevCenter?

2.) In August 2015 whithout my interraction, 4 more ad unit have been created, with the same Application ID: yyyyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    11yyyyyy GUID-PH
    11yyyyyy GUID-P

Why these ad units have been created? What is the meaning of "P" and "PH"?
    These ad units visible in PubCenter, but not visible in DevCenter! Why these ad units not visible in DevCenter?

3.) Now in DevCenter I have created an ad unit. This is the only ad unit that visible in DevCenter.
    11zzzzz APP
    Why the DevCenter shows only part of the ad units?

Hi DevTommy,

1) If your pubCenter and Dev Center accounts had different live Ids, you would need to manually link your pubCenter account to your Dev Center account to be able to view data for your existing ad units. Details of how to link your accounts can be found here.

2) Did you use an ad mediator control on your UWP app, and upload a new package in the store? Typically, when you use ad mediator control and upload your package in Dev Center, ad units are automatically created for the ad mediator control in the background. 4 ad units are created in case of UWP apps - a) Windows Paid ad unit for serving paid ads b) WP ad unit for serving paid ads c) Win ad unit for serving House Ads  d) WP ad units serving house ads. P indicates "Paid" and PH indicates "House". These ad units should be visible in your Dev Center account, if your live ID is same in pubCenter and Dev Center. If you are still having trouble, please open a support ticket so that we could assist you. 

3) Again, Dev Center will show the ad units only if the pubCenter account is linked to it - is your pubCenter and Dev Center accounts registered with the same Live ID?

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Monday, February 1, 2016 10:52 AM
  • Yes I have registered PubCenter and DevCenter with the same live id and they are linked.

But the automatically generated 4 ad unitd you mentioned: a,b,c,d only visible in PubCenter, but not in DevCenter.

Monday, February 1, 2016 3:13 PM
  • Yes I have registered PubCenter and DevCenter with the same live id and they are linked correctly together.
    If I create a new ad unit in DevCenter it is visible both DevCenter and PubCenter.

But the automatically generated 4 ad unitd you mentioned: a,b,c,d only visible in PubCenter, but not in DevCenter.

So regarding previous questions:

1.) this ad unit  10xxxxxx only visible in PubCenter, not visible in DevCenter.

2.) these ad units only visible in PubCenter, not visible in DevCenter:
    11yyyyyy GUID-PH
    11yyyyyy GUID-P

Why is this issue?

Now I understand what is P and PH, but what is the meaning of "GlobalAdControl"?
    Is it means Windows or Windows Phone or something else?

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:19 PM
  • Hi DevTommy,

Sorry for the delay in responding here. 

As I mentioned earlier, paid and house ad units are created automatically in the background when an app with ad mediator is uploaded to the store. Paid ad units serve only paid impressions, and house ad units serve only house impressions (which are impressions from other app promotion campaigns you might be running for your other apps). These impressions are not paid for, nor will you get paid out for serving them. As per IAB guidelines, we do not include metrics for House Ad units while reporting ads performance in pubCenter and Dev Center. Performance of house ad units needs to be reported separately. 

Since we do not count impressions from house ad units for the performance reports (which includes only data of paid ad units), we do not show these ad units in Dev Center. However, these house ad units are just listed in pubCenter (although their performance is not included while calculating metrics). You can choose to ignore them. 

I completely understand the experience is confusing, but you should use Dev Center as your primary source of truth for all your reports. Sorry about the confusion caused here.

Does this answer your questions #1 and #2? if not, please let me know.  

If you have any outstanding queries, please feel free to open a support ticket, and ask them to loop me in an email with you. I will be happy to get on a call directly with you to clarify any doubts if needed.

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Monday, February 15, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Ok now I understand why the "-PH" ended ad units are not visible in DevCenter, but Why the 2 other not visible in DevCenter under the APP:

11yyyyyy GlobalAdControlAPP-P and
    11yyyyyy GUID-P ?

Monday, February 15, 2016 10:00 PM