Dissimilar output connection string RRS feed

• Question

• I have a file (FoxPro 2.6 DOS) . there is one record on this file that has written with Persian character

I want to read dbf file with Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Connection string

I have written a piece of code(with VB.NET) to read file

When I run this code on different systems , On one of them returns an incorrect output (I attached screenshots and my code)

and Persianlan language is installed on all systems and other programs are working correctly on (os3)

In your opinion, what is wrong with the system (os3)

thanks

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:51 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You could try setting the culture prior to opening the DBF for the app as follows for the OS that it does not work on.

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("fa-IR")

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Friday, May 3, 2013 4:43 AM
  •  

I add culture settings tomy project , but the output did not change

Saturday, May 4, 2013 12:37 PM
  • On the form try changing the following, Language to the proper language

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 1:06 PM
  • I change the form language , But there is still a problem

---

It's on a system that is broken ,it worked well for a while

Do not you think jet.oledb files are damaged ?

• Edited by Ashkan209 Sunday, May 5, 2013 2:42 PM
    Sunday, May 5, 2013 2:17 PM
  • Never heard of OleDb files being damaged.

Have you tried building the project as 32bit instead of 64bit ?

Sunday, May 5, 2013 2:49 PM
  • i need run it to 32 & 64bit platforms , so i built it for both them

my Project
    Monday, May 6, 2013 2:46 PM
  • I am not an expert to this issue, but I am aware that Jet oledb has a provision for Farsi language. Try adding

Locale Identifier=1033 to your connection string and see.

One more thing I would like to see if the default language set in regional language and setting of all three systems is same or different.

Lingaraj Mishra

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:48 AM
  • I add Locale Identifier=1033  to connection string , but the output did not change
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 1:58 PM