none
VSTO 4.0 add-in windows resize problem RRS feed

• Question

•    Hi, we have created a VSTO Excel workbook with VS2010, .NET 4.0. After we publish and install the xlsx document, it opens up as expected for the first time. Then we run some operation using the plug-in and save the workbook. After closing and reopening it again, the Excel frame opens full screen but the workbook opens in a small window that can not be re-sized.

We have tried the following code on the following workbook events : Activate, Startup, Open 

Application.WindowState = XlWindowState.xlMaximized;
    Application.ActiveWindow.WindowState = XlWindowState.xlMaximized;

Same result, the workbook opens in a small window that is not re-sizable. We would like for the workbook to open full screen.

Please submit recommendations/ideas.

Thank you.

S.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:27 AM

Answers

• Thank you Tom, I got the resolution on another forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exceldev/thread/caafeb70-5feb-4c45-90af-cb80bab09e6e

S.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 1:00 AM

All replies

• Hi S.

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please show me some key snippets of your issue for further research? It’s based on my experience that the statements you shown me are OK. I’m wondering whether you had some incorrect logic in your business code.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Thank you Tom, I got the resolution on another forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exceldev/thread/caafeb70-5feb-4c45-90af-cb80bab09e6e

S.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 1:00 AM
  • Hi S.,

I’m glad to hear you have solved your issue. Thanks for sharing your experience here. It’s very beneficial for other community members who have similar problem to see how you solved your issue.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:57 AM