What's wrong with my update statement? RRS feed

• Question

• No value given for one or more required parameters.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: No value given for one or more required parameters.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [OleDbException (0x80040e10): No value given for one or more required parameters.]
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr) +1080476
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +247
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) +194
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult) +58
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +167
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +113
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteDbCommand(DbCommand command, DataSourceOperation operation) +394
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteUpdate(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues) +697
       System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Update(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +95
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsView.HandleUpdate(String commandArg, Boolean causesValidation) +1105
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +444
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsView.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +95
       System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +125
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +169
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Christian Winters

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:43 PM

Answers

• Based upon your code it does look like you are using data binding to a data source you created called AccessDataSource1. Since this is ASP.NET code I would recommend posting your question to the below forum. They should be able to help you get your code wired up for data binding. At this point I've been providing you with non data binding code, which probably won't work very well with your Web Form design.

http://forums.asp.net/1213.aspx/1?Visual+Studio+and+Visual+Web+Developer+Express

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Marked as answer by Allen_MSDN Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:55 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:33 PM

All replies

• You will need to post your SQL statement. The first thing I usually look for are misspelled column names or the use of a SQL reserved word.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Hi hewgnqeogmaw,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Based on the exception message, it may caused by there're some parameters need to be passed into the command, but you didn't assing value to them. I'd appreciate if you can post some code here.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:37 AM
  • Below is my update statement.

UPDATE [QMTrainingRecords6]

SET [EmailAddress] = ?, [LastName] = ?, [FirstName] = ?, [PeerReviewer] = ?, [MasterReviewer] = ?, [Trainer] = ?, [InstructorCoursesReviewed] = ?, [CourseReviewerHistory] = ?, [QualityMattersTrainingActivity] = ?, [Division] = ?

WHERE [Faculty Id] = ? AND (([EmailAddress] = ?) OR ([EmailAddress] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([LastName] = ?) OR ([LastName] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([FirstName] = ?) OR ([FirstName] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([PeerReviewer] = ?) OR ([PeerReviewer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([MasterReviewer] = ?) OR ([MasterReviewer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([Trainer] = ?) OR ([Trainer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([InstructorCoursesReviewed] = ?) OR ([InstructorCoursesReviewed] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([CourseReviewerHistory] = ?) OR ([CourseReviewerHistory] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([QualityMattersTrainingActivity] = ?) OR ([QualityMattersTrainingActivity] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([Division] = ?) OR ([Division] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL))

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Below is my update statement. Are you saying that I should enter a value where the ?s are? I want my end-user to be able to enter any text-value. Please advise.....

UPDATE [QMTrainingRecords6]

SET [EmailAddress] = ?, [LastName] = ?, [FirstName] = ?, [PeerReviewer] = ?, [MasterReviewer] = ?, [Trainer] = ?, [InstructorCoursesReviewed] = ?, [CourseReviewerHistory] = ?, [QualityMattersTrainingActivity] = ?, [Division] = ?

WHERE [Faculty Id] = ? AND (([EmailAddress] = ?) OR ([EmailAddress] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([LastName] = ?) OR ([LastName] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([FirstName] = ?) OR ([FirstName] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([PeerReviewer] = ?) OR ([PeerReviewer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([MasterReviewer] = ?) OR ([MasterReviewer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([Trainer] = ?) OR ([Trainer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([InstructorCoursesReviewed] = ?) OR ([InstructorCoursesReviewed] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([CourseReviewerHistory] = ?) OR ([CourseReviewerHistory] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([QualityMattersTrainingActivity] = ?) OR ([QualityMattersTrainingActivity] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([Division] = ?) OR ([Division] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL))

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:17 PM
  • Are you adding a Command Parameter for each placeholder (?) in the SQL statement? I count a total of 31.

In ADO.NET and when using OLEDB a Command Parameter is required for each placeholder in the SQL statement and the parameters must be added in the order that they appear in the statement.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:51 PM
  • with my update statement above, could you give me an example of the Command Parameter for each placeholder?

For example, what would I need to add where the "?s" are? 

AND (([EmailAddress] = ?) OR ([EmailAddress] IS NULL AND ?

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:56 PM
  • BTW. This update statement was created by Visual Web Developer Express Edition using the automated create SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, & DELETE feature.

Just to be sure, are you saying that I will need to add an additional .vb file to drive these SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, & DELETE statements?

please advise, 

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:01 PM
  • Does this mean that you are using TableAdapters? For example, do your data objects have methods such as Fill? It would probably help to post the code you are working with.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:44 PM
  • I do not have data objects with with methods; such as Fill. could you provide me with an example? The only code I have is the above Statements and my web.configuration connection.

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:47 PM
  • So, I would need to include something like below in an addtional .vb file?

Dim custDA As OleDbDataAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter()
         Dim custDS As DataSet = New DataSet
         Dim custTable As DataTable = New DataTable("Customers")
         custTable.Columns.Add("CustomerID", Type.GetType("System.String"))
         custTable.Columns.Add("CompanyName", Type.GetType("System.String"))
         custDS.Tables.Add(custTable)
         'Use ADO objects from ADO library (msado15.dll) imported
         ' as.NET library ADODB.dll using TlbImp.exe
         Dim adoConn As ADODB.Connection = New ADODB.Connection()
         Dim adoRS As ADODB.Recordset = New ADODB.Recordset()
         adoConn.Open("Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=Northwind;Integrated Security=SSPI;", "", "", -1)
         adoRS.Open("SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName FROM Customers", adoConn, ADODB.CursorTypeEnum.adOpenForwardOnly, ADODB.LockTypeEnum.adLockReadOnly, 1)
         custDA.Fill(custTable, adoRS)
         adoRS.Close()
         adoConn.Close()

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:00 PM
  • OK, I don't have a copy of Visual Web Developer Express Edition installed but below is some ADO.NET code. The example uses Access but you can name the variables anything you want and use a different database, such as SQL Server. I didn't put in the full SQL statement and only specified the first three Command parameters, one for each placeholder (?).

Dim AccessConnection As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection
            Dim AccessCommand As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand

Dim ConnectionString As String = System.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["YourConnectionStringName"].ConnectionString

Try
                AccessConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(ConnectionString )

AccessConnection.Open()

AccessCommand = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand
                AccessCommand.Connection = AccessConnection
                AccessCommand.CommandText = "UPDATE [QMTrainingRecords6] SET [EmailAddress] = ?, [LastName] = ?, [FirstName] = ?, ..."
                AccessCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("Param1", EmailAddressValue)
                AccessCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("Param2", LastNameValue)
                AccessCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("Param3", FirstNameValue)

AccessCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
            Catch dbex As OleDbException
                MsgBox(dbex.Message)
            Catch ex As Exception
                MsgBox(ex.Message)
            Finally
                AccessConnection.Close()
            End Try

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:12 PM
  • Ok, I tried using the code you provided and I got this error message:

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30001: Statement is not valid in a namespace.

Source Error:
    Line 1:  Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Line 2:  
    Line 3:  Dim AccessConnection As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection
    Line 4:  Dim AccessCommand As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand
    Line 5:  

Source File: G:\InetPub2\wwwroot\NSOnlineCRMS\App_Code\Test3.vb    Line: 3

In Visual Web Developer, the following line had a blue~line under the following statment: "Dim AccessConnection As System.Data.OleDb." The pop-up message said that "Statement is not valid in a namespace."

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:27 PM
  • You don't need ADODB. That is Classic ADO and not ADO.NET. If you just want to fill a DataTable in a DataSet, below is an example:

ConnectionString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=Northwind;Integrated Security=SSPI"
            Dim DataConnection As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(ConnectionString)
            DataConnection.Open()

Dim DataAdapter As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName FROM Customers", DataConnection)

Dim SQLDataset As DataSet = New DataSet

DataAdapter.Fill(SQLDataset, "Customers")

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:37 PM
  • The code does not look like it's in a Sub, Function or Event within the module. When do you want the code to run?

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:48 PM
  • I want the code to run now. I am working on the second you provided me. so far, i get this error "Declaration Expected" for "ConnectionString ="

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Ok, so now I am getting this error:

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30188: Declaration expected.

Source Error:
    Line 3:  
    Line 4:  Public Class QMTrainingRecords6
    Line 5:    ConnectionString = "connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\myWebNSOnlineCRMS\App_Data\QMTrainingRecords6.mdb Catalog=QMTrainingRecords6.mdb;Integrated Security=SSPI"
    Line 6:      Dim DataConnection As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(connectionString() = QMTrainingRecords6())
    Line 7:          DataConnection.Open()

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:54 PM
  • Dim ConnectionString As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\myWebNSOnlineCRMS\App_Data\QMTrainingRecords6.mdb"

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:11 PM
  • Ok. the error is gone, but I still cannot update access database data from an .aspx page. Take a look:

http://ww2.nscc.edu/NSOnlineCRMS/Test3.aspx

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:18 PM
  • here is the connection that I am using to open my access database:

Partial Class Training
        Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
        Dim con As New Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection
        Dim da As Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter
        Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
            Dim dbprovider As String = "PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;"
            Dim dbcourse As String = "~/App_Data/QMTrainingRecords1.mdb"
            con.ConnectionString = dbprovider & IDataSource()
            con.Open()
            MsgBox("database opened")
        End Sub

Private Function IDataSource() As String
            Throw New NotImplementedException
        End Function

End Class

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:31 PM
  • Here is my inherit from my .aspx source file:

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeFile="Test3.aspx.vb" Inherits="Training" Async="True" CodeBehind="App_Code/Test3.vb" %>

When I try to update the error that I am getting is this:

Operation must use an updateable query.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [OleDbException (0x80004005): Operation must use an updateable query.]
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr) +1080476
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +247
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) +194
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult) +58
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +167
       System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +113
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteDbCommand(DbCommand command, DataSourceOperation operation) +394
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteUpdate(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues) +697
       System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Update(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues, DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +95
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsView.HandleUpdate(String commandArg, Boolean causesValidation) +1105
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +444
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsView.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +95
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DetailsViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +125
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +169
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:38 PM
  • Below is my entire source code file. Please help!

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="True" CodeFile="Test3.aspx.vb" Inherits="Training" Async="True" CodeBehind="App_Code/Test3.vb" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <div>
            <br />
            <br />
    &nbsp;<asp:DetailsView runat="server" Width="125px" Height="50px" id="DetailsView1"
                DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" AllowPaging="True" AutoGenerateRows="False"
                DataKeyNames="Faculty Id">
      <Fields>
       <asp:boundfield DataField="Faculty Id" HeaderText="Faculty Id" ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="Faculty Id">
       </asp:boundfield>
       <asp:boundfield DataField="EmailAddress" HeaderText="EmailAddress" SortExpression="EmailAddress">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="LastName" HeaderText="LastName" SortExpression="LastName">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="FirstName" HeaderText="FirstName" SortExpression="FirstName">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="PeerReviewer" HeaderText="PeerReviewer" SortExpression="PeerReviewer">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="MasterReviewer" HeaderText="MasterReviewer" SortExpression="MasterReviewer">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="Trainer" HeaderText="Trainer" SortExpression="Trainer">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="InstructorCoursesReviewed" HeaderText="InstructorCoursesReviewed" SortExpression="InstructorCoursesReviewed">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="CourseReviewerHistory" HeaderText="CourseReviewerHistory" SortExpression="CourseReviewerHistory">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="QualityMattersTrainingActivity" HeaderText="QualityMattersTrainingActivity" SortExpression="QualityMattersTrainingActivity">
       <asp:boundfield DataField="Division" HeaderText="Division" SortExpression="Division">
       <asp:commandfield ShowEditButton="True" ShowInsertButton="True">
       </asp:commandfield>
      </Fields>
     </asp:DetailsView>
         <asp:AccessDataSource ID="AccessDataSource1" runat="server"
                ConflictDetection="CompareAllValues"
                DataFile="~/App_Data/QMTrainingRecords6.mdb"
                InsertCommand="INSERT INTO [QMTrainingRecords6] ([QualityMattersTrainingActivity], [Division]) VALUES (?, ?,)"
                OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}"
                SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [QMTrainingRecords6]" DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [QMTrainingRecords6] WHERE [Faculty Id] = ? AND (([EmailAddress] = ?) OR ([EmailAddress] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([LastName] = ?) OR ([LastName] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([FirstName] = ?) OR ([FirstName] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([PeerReviewer] = ?) OR ([PeerReviewer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([MasterReviewer] = ?) OR ([MasterReviewer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([Trainer] = ?) OR ([Trainer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([InstructorCoursesReviewed] = ?) OR ([InstructorCoursesReviewed] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([CourseReviewerHistory] = ?) OR ([CourseReviewerHistory] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([QualityMattersTrainingActivity] = ?) OR ([QualityMattersTrainingActivity] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([Division] = ?) OR ([Division] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL))" UpdateCommand="UPDATE [QMTrainingRecords6] SET [EmailAddress] = ?, [LastName] = ?, [FirstName] = ?, [PeerReviewer] = ?, [MasterReviewer] = ?, [Trainer] = ?, [InstructorCoursesReviewed] = ?, [CourseReviewerHistory] = ?, [QualityMattersTrainingActivity] = ?, [Division] = ? WHERE [Faculty Id] = ? AND (([EmailAddress] = ?) OR ([EmailAddress] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([LastName] = ?) OR ([LastName] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([FirstName] = ?) OR ([FirstName] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([PeerReviewer] = ?) OR ([PeerReviewer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([MasterReviewer] = ?) OR ([MasterReviewer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([Trainer] = ?) OR ([Trainer] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([InstructorCoursesReviewed] = ?) OR ([InstructorCoursesReviewed] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([CourseReviewerHistory] = ?) OR ([CourseReviewerHistory] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([QualityMattersTrainingActivity] = ?) OR ([QualityMattersTrainingActivity] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL)) AND (([Division] = ?) OR ([Division] IS NULL AND ? IS NULL))">
       <DeleteParameters>
        <asp:parameter Name="original_Faculty_Id" Type="Int16" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_EmailAddress" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_LastName" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_FirstName" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_PeerReviewer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_MasterReviewer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_Trainer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_InstructorCoursesReviewed" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_CourseReviewerHistory" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_QualityMattersTrainingActivity" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_Division" Type="String" />
       </DeleteParameters>
       <UpdateParameters>
        <asp:parameter Name="EmailAddress" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="LastName" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="FirstName" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="PeerReviewer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="MasterReviewer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="Trainer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="InstructorCoursesReviewed" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="CourseReviewerHistory" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="QualityMattersTrainingActivity" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="Division" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_Faculty_Id" Type="Int16" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_EmailAddress" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_LastName" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_FirstName" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_PeerReviewer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_MasterReviewer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_Trainer" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_InstructorCoursesReviewed" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_CourseReviewerHistory" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_QualityMattersTrainingActivity" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="original_Division" Type="String" />
       </UpdateParameters>
       <InsertParameters>
        <asp:parameter Name="QualityMattersTrainingActivity" Type="String" />
        <asp:parameter Name="Division" Type="String" />
       </InsertParameters>
            </asp:AccessDataSource>

</div>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

Christian Winters

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:58 PM
  • Based upon your code it does look like you are using data binding to a data source you created called AccessDataSource1. Since this is ASP.NET code I would recommend posting your question to the below forum. They should be able to help you get your code wired up for data binding. At this point I've been providing you with non data binding code, which probably won't work very well with your Web Form design.

http://forums.asp.net/1213.aspx/1?Visual+Studio+and+Visual+Web+Developer+Express

• Marked as answer by Allen_MSDN Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:55 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:33 PM