Crystal report error (Load report failed) in asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User-1075144853 posted

Dear All,

I dont know whether this is the correct forum for asking such question , but i am really stucked up and please help me out.

I am currently working on project of Purchase, I am using Visual Studio-2010 and SAP-Crystal Report for Visual Studio - 2010 for Crystal Report , I am using ASP.Net 4.0 for this website.

When i made the code,it was working fine when i run it from visual studio and seems everything fine.

But when i hosted the code on my local machine's IIS and when i visit the link the Crystal Report doesn't works it says :"Load Report Failed", i tried searching many things, i tried emptying C:\windows\temp folder , i also tried using the below code:

Collapse
    public static ReportDocument rep = new ReportDocument();
       protected void Page_UnLoad(object sender, EventArgs e)
       {
           this.CrystalReportViewer1.Dispose();
           this.CrystalReportViewer1 = null;
           rep.Close();
           rep.Dispose();
           GC.Collect();
       }
    moreover the path for accessing crystal report is also perfect, as it is showing the crystal report when i run it from visual studio,
     but i am not able to see the report when i how t it on my local iis . Please help me out in resolving the error.

I am really stucked up.

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Krunal Panchal

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:00 AM

Answers

• User1196771204 posted

hi hasan,

When you first installed Crystal Report application, you must install all the files to a particular location on your drive. Please navigate to your drive and you will find the crystalreportviewer folder there.

Alternatively, you can look at the wwwroot folder.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:41 PM

All replies

• User1196771204 posted

Hi krunal,

The "load report failed" error message can be caused by several factors:

1. crystal report is not properly configured on your machine
    2. crystal report assemblies installed on your machine do not reflect the assemblies you have on your web.config
    3. crystal version installed on the server is different with the one you want to invoke from your site
    4. application pool where your reports run is not set to LOCAL SERVICE
    5. read and write permission is not enabled on your root folder
    6. crystalreportviewer folder is not copied to your operating folder.

If you can make sure all the items above are fullfilled, your report will run perfectly. If in case you are looking to host your crystal report 2010 project, you can have a look at asphostcentral.com. There are not many hosts out there who can support crystal report.

Please mark my response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps and good luck!

:-)

Friday, July 22, 2011 4:22 AM
  • User221175343 posted

Hii Kunal,

there are lots reason for this error.

1.)it may be Posiible that actual report file is not available on specific location.

2.) Or you don't have sufficient rights for that(try to give right to your directory for asp.net and iis user's)

3.) and once I also have same problem for that check this link.

Friday, July 22, 2011 2:00 PM
  • User1854856562 posted

crystalreportviewer folder is not copied to your operating folder.pls tell me how?

Saturday, July 23, 2011 2:35 PM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi hasan,

When you first installed Crystal Report application, you must install all the files to a particular location on your drive. Please navigate to your drive and you will find the crystalreportviewer folder there.

Alternatively, you can look at the wwwroot folder.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 10:41 PM
  • User-824445464 posted

The fix: When Crystal Reports opens a file, it uses the Windows temporary folder (typically C:\Windows\Temp\) as a scratch-pad. You need to give Crystal Reports explicit permission to read and write to this folder.

How-to: Under XP, ASP.NET runs CR under ASPNET; with most of the Windows Server flavors, CR runs as NETWORK SERVICE. Make sure that this identity has permission to read and write to the Windows temporary folder.

1. Ensure the RPT file name is correct. Filename must be a fully qualified valid path name (such as C:\MyApp\MyReport.rpt).

2. The ASPNET account has permissions to open the file.  Make sure the folder containing the file and the file itself has the same permissions as your application folder.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:56 AM