none
Can be the new SpeechRecognizer used in classical desktop Apps ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody ! 

I have searched on many places for this information buy i've not found anything. 

I would use the new SpeechRecognizer on a WPF application but i can't add the new references from new libraries to my project. 

Is out there any way to do that or it simply impossible ? 

Thanks all of you ! :)

Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:39 AM

Answers

• Not this one, i try to include to my classical WPF project the new Windows.media.SpeechRecognition

Do you know if it's possible to add this one to my classical WPF project ?

Thanks for you answer ! :)

@DjangoUM,

Windows.Media.SpeechRecognition is the version of this for Windows Runtime apps. It is not suitable for windows desktop Apps. See the version section in the Windows.Media.SpeechRecognition documentation. If you have Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 or later then you should have a template for Visual C#/Store Apps/Windows Phone Apps/Blank App (Windows Phone) which will support. Windows.Media.SpeechRecognition. You can download the upgrade to Update 4 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44921 if you don't have it.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Friday, January 22, 2016 1:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by DjangoUM Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:07 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 1:33 AM

All replies

• Hi DjangoUM,

>>I would use the new SpeechRecognizer on a WPF application but i can't add the new references from new libraries to my project. 

Why you can't add the references in your project?

Here I found a sample about add speech in WPF project

http://www.wpf-tutorial.com/audio-video/speech-recognition-making-wpf-listen/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. 

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, January 21, 2016 8:30 AM
  • Not this one, i try to include to my clasical WPF project the new Windows.media.SpeechRecognition

Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:15 PM
  • Not this one, i try to include to my classical WPF project the new Windows.media.SpeechRecognition

@DjangoUM,

Windows.Media.SpeechRecognition is the version of this for Windows Runtime apps. It is not suitable for windows desktop Apps. See the version section in the Windows.Media.SpeechRecognition documentation. If you have Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 or later then you should have a template for Visual C#/Store Apps/Windows Phone Apps/Blank App (Windows Phone) which will support. Windows.Media.SpeechRecognition. You can download the upgrade to Update 4 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44921 if you don't have it.

Best regards,

Kristin

• Edited by Kristin Xie Friday, January 22, 2016 1:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by DjangoUM Wednesday, January 27, 2016 12:07 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 1:33 AM