none
Problem with decide shape in BizTalk Orchestration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All..
    I have a general about BizTalk Orchestration..
    My senario is ..i am send employee's documents to SAP ..(there are five SAP ports) according to location which i can read from Xml before sending to SAP i divert them to different SAP ports..using decide shape..
    Now i again use variable to get document serial number..using code..

Var_NL = Message_Request_SAP_NL.I_BKPF.BKTXT;

Now this variable Var_NL i am using in every decide branch ...further i use this variable to fire SQL command to store error log in catch block..
    Now there are simultaneously 20 to 30 documents are coming and going to SAP ports..
    so by using same variable Var_NL in every decide branch ..so can do this ..or will there be any data copied from other branch..

Pls Reply..
    Thanks
    Sandeep
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 12:38 PM

Answers

• if the message contains your end point location (be it file share location, ftp address, SAP in your case) you can use a dynamic send port to direct the message to the right location. just choose dynamic when creating a logical send port (one of the dialog boxes in the wizard) and give it a real simple name (easier when you have to reference it) and just before your send shape add your expression shape with code to invoke it, plenty of examples out there on dynamic send ports as well
    Friday, July 3, 2009 3:09 AM

All replies

• For every incoming message BizTalk will create New instance of Orchestration, so you need not to worry if the same data in the variable will be used in other branch untill you are using Convoy process.

Are you using convoy process?If no then need not to worry :)
    Ajeet Kumar
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Kinser Friday, July 3, 2009 3:05 AM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:09 PM
  • if the message contains your end point location (be it file share location, ftp address, SAP in your case) you can use a dynamic send port to direct the message to the right location. just choose dynamic when creating a logical send port (one of the dialog boxes in the wizard) and give it a real simple name (easier when you have to reference it) and just before your send shape add your expression shape with code to invoke it, plenty of examples out there on dynamic send ports as well
    Friday, July 3, 2009 3:09 AM