none
Synchronize a single IMAP folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to programmatically synchronize only one (Sent Mail) folder on an IMAP connection.  I have noticed that there is a way to do it through Outlook using Send/Receive Groups to synchronize just one folder, but am looking for a programmatic approach. It has been suggested that setting the Application.Session.CurrentFolder to the Sent Folder and then switching back would accomplish this, but it is far from ideal for the user experience.  The closest I have come to finding anything has been the SyncObjects but I can not figure out how to make them just sync one folder.  I saw another post somewhere by Ken Slovak that it MIGHT be possible with Redemption, but I have not found anything so far.  Any ideas? Thanks!

EDIT: I have figured out that I can fire a pre-defined Send/Receive group programmatically, but I now need to know if there is a way to programmatically create/define a Send/Receive group.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:50 PM

Answers

• Sorry, you can't create nor edit SyncObject objects.  All you can do is start or stop pre-defined Send/Receive Groups.  There is also no way to do what you want with Redemption.  Although you could use Redemption to get a SafeRibbonControl control for any of the various Ribbon buttons that can update the current folder or  download headers, and call Execute on the button to initiate the action manually.

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Try Outlook Appins - affordable and easy to use!

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:49 PM