UpdatePanel is not working with MultiView control and Panel RRS feed

• Question

• User-808382924 posted

1. UpdatePanel is not working with MultiView control. (next and previous button inside the view are not working)  

2.UpdatePanel is not woking on a panel control in which i m generating LinkButtons at run time. 

Friday, April 18, 2014 8:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• User1208776063 posted

1. UpdatePanel is not working with MultiView control. (next and previous button inside the view are not working)  

2.UpdatePanel is not woking on a panel control in which i m generating LinkButtons at run time. 

You need to add a trigger for the update panel when its update mode is set to conditional. Otherwise, content will refresh for any partial postback automatically. If you want a simpler solution, remove inner update panels and wrap the multiview control within an update panel instead

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="viewPanel" runat="server">
        <ContentTemplate>
            <asp:MultiView ActiveViewIndex="0" runat="server">
                <asp:View runat="server" ID="View1">
                    First View
                </asp:View>
                <asp:View runat="server" ID="View2">
                    Second View
                </asp:View>
            </asp:MultiView>
            <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="pnlControls">
                previous and next buttons here
            </asp:Panel>
        </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>

UpdatePanels around a parent control with lot of nested controls could impact performance.  So, you need to try this approach and evaluate the performance and response times.

Friday, April 18, 2014 8:20 AM
  • User-808382924 posted

THNX SIR

but in second case UpdatePanel is not woking on a panel control in which i m generating LinkButtons at run time. when i m clicking on any linkbutton of panel post back is occuring.

Friday, April 18, 2014 9:22 AM
  • User-933407369 posted

i would suggest you check out the link for details:

Understanding ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel Triggers

http://www.asp.net/web-forms/tutorials/aspnet-ajax/understanding-asp-net-ajax-updatepanel-triggers

If it is not helpful for you, could you provide any additional codes or markup related to this issue? It may be a bit easier to resolve if it can be easily reproduced.

You'd better provide a simple demo(upload: SkyDrive - Microsoft).

Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, April 21, 2014 2:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:32 AM