none
Issues communicating with Kinect on Windows RRS feed

• Question

• After installing the required software and making sure I have the proper hardware to run the Kinect 2.0 on my computer, the Kinect only stays connected  for a few seconds then disconnects, then reconnects, and so on. When I run the configuration program it says I'm missing the USB Controller and have no Depth and Colour Streams. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the programs but the result isn't changing. I will also make note that I have 3 USB 3.0 ports on my computer and cycling through them doesn't help either. Any assistance with this would be very appreciated.

Monday, October 17, 2016 3:42 AM

All replies

• For starters, if its a laptop, make sure to choose a power plan that uses ALL the energy :P.

Any energy conserving plans will hinder Kinect.

If it's a desktop, then you should check this guide.Bookmark it as well.

I refer you to the part where it talks about Advanced Settings about USB in the Power Plan.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:44 AM
  • I'm having the same issue. What it doesn't make sense to me it was i connected it, tested and it was a webcam. Few minutes later it connects and disconnects...
    Saturday, October 22, 2016 5:03 AM
  • You are on Windows 10 right? Again my advice is check the USB and Power related issues on the link in my post above. Also make sure not to have other usb devices on the same USB bus with Kinect. Kinect is greedy about its bandwidth and wants the lot for itself.
    Saturday, October 22, 2016 3:58 PM
  • I went through all the help links as best as I could but didn't make any progress. I think my USB 3.0's just can't handle the amount of data, but I haven't been able to find a way to track how much data it can. I had the same issue with Bayeyo, I was able to start it and make one 3D scan and then when I went back on the Kinect won't stay connected for more than 10 seconds. 
    It also seems worth mentioning that I am on a desktop, running Windows 10
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:53 AM