The submission / certification / failed certification - redo submission process sucks. Taking longer because of a bug on Microsoft's end. I paid $99 for this, where is the customer service? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Because of not being able to cancel app submissions, this whole process just stinks.

First of all, last week I got a "certification failed" message about my app. It said I was missing a file named "AppManifest.xaml". It turns out though, that my app was Direct3D C++ Native, and the documentation for that type of app indicates that this file is not necessary.

I send a help ticket regarding the issue explaining that this file shouldn't be needed in my app, so why did it fail certification?

While waiting for a response, I also noted that the tester had indicated my app would not show up in the correct app category. My app is a game, and I had not set the genre to "app.games". So I changed that, and reuploaded the XAP. I figured then everything should be OK since the fail message about "AppManifest" appeared incorrect according to the requirements in the documentation here: (which indicated a Direct3D native C++ app did not need this file, see section 4.1.1)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/hh184844(v=vs.105).aspx

Yesterday I finally got a more clear response from the dev team. They said this is a BUG on their end for non XBox Live games. The workaround IS to include this file, otherwise the installer will choke. They then directed me how to fix it and upload a new XAP with the fix.

The problem is my XAP is now in "Processing Certification" stage again, so I can't upload it again. I replied to them with an email indicating this fact but didn't get any response back yet.

So basically now I have to wait for the app to fail certification again before I can upload the final fix, so I've waited now 3 weeks all because of a bug on their end.

Don't failed certifications at least get priority the next go-around?

Can't my submission get some damn priority since I fixed one issue, but then got hammered for an issue that is A BUG that the documentation indicates IS NOT A BUG, but I have to do it as a workaround, and now I can't even submit the new fixed XAP because it's waiting to get looked at again!

Thanks, appreciate so much /s

I'm about to ask for my money back and just ask you to delete my account, this platform is not appearing to be worth this type of hassle.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:36 PM

All replies

• I have similar problem. About 25 days ago I submit request to change app price. Usually it takes 1-2 days to approve such request. But not in this time; this time my submit got stuck (it also had happened dozens times with my other submissions before). After a week my request still was not approved. I wrote to support about this issue. And we decided that it is simpler to cancel submission and resubmit than wait for approval. I requested support to cancel my submission. It tooooook two weeks to cancel my submission. Several days ago I resubmit my request and it got stuck in certification queue again. :-(

I do no know how to resolve this issue. Best way that I found is totally change platform I develop for. Now I am Android developer and I already developed and submitted my first app on Google Play. It was approved yesterday. :-)

Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:44 AM
  • The crazy thing is that we're not talking about the first start-up that is experimenting a new business and its products are amateurish or a little more than a proof of concept...

We are talking about Microsoft, a hundred-billion dollars company with decades of experience.
    And they are still developing and managing software (like the dev center) like amateurs!!

Unbelievable...

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:00 AM
  • I had to make decision to stop developing app for Microsoft store cause of MS services. Everything's so bad includes SDK, services, store,.... 
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:13 AM