none
Visual Studio for Android

Question

• What hapen with visual studio. when Studio opened i am clicked Android SDK

And after nofing at all. And menuitem not enabled

WHAT HAPEN????

• Edited by IoTGirl Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:45 PM More detail in title
    • Moved by IoTGirl Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:46 PM Not Smart Device Development
    Tuesday, August 16, 2016 6:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Ahlompys

Please make sure you have installed cross - platform module in VS, such as Android or IOS. As far as I know, if we have installed Android module in VS, then we could start Android SDK manager and AVD manager through start->All apps->Android SDK Tools.

In my side, I have installed Android module in VS, when I start VS and click Tools menu->Android, I get the same result as your first screenshot. And when I click the submenu then the corresponding window will be opened. You could also click one of the submenu to verify whether the component has been installed in your machine.

After a while, one of the submenu is become gray. Please refer to the following screenshot:

This is because Publish Android App module does not exist in my machine.

You could install the cross-platform module through the following steps:

Start->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Right-click Microsoft Visual Studio * 2015 * with Update *(change)->Modify->Enable the Cross Platform Mobile Development, please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 8:16 AM