Store project files - Azure Blob/Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to store some of the procedural documents related to DR exercise either on blobs/files. I wanted to create a folder and upload each of the files in it. user should be able to access that folder(container) and able to list/read all the files under it? 

can someone please help me how to achieve it? 

PS: I have already created a container and uploaded files in it, I can access individual files from the browser but want to access the container itself and should be in a position to select which file to open. 

Regards

Thahif

Monday, November 18, 2019 3:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• there are multiple ways of providing access to containers, this vary on what your customers are using, if they are part of AAD, Assigning them RBAC roles would solve your problem, RBAC documentation can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-auth-aad-rbac-portal 

You can also use SAS , which would provide temporary access to specific containers,or objects within that container, you have to have only one container in that account, more info on this : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-sas-overview

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:49 PM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Friday, November 22, 2019 2:26 PM
  • Following up on this query to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Saturday, November 23, 2019 4:52 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, November 25, 2019 8:31 AM
  • Thank you,, I will go through these.. 
    Monday, November 25, 2019 3:08 PM