none
EDI Batching External trigger issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an 837 EDI process where I create a small set of transaction sets and finally I batch them to create a big 837 EDI file using Batching Orchestration. Once all the batches are created and sent to the message box, I trigger the Batching orchestration by performing a insert onto the PAM_CONTROL table as below:

INSERT INTO dbo.PAM_Control (DestinationParty,EdiMessageType,ActionType,ActionDateTime,UsedOnce,BatchId,BatchName,DestinationPartyName) VALUES ( 8,0,'EdiBatchOverride',CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,'FALSE',10,'BatchName','PartyName')

But I could see the errors in the BizTalk admin console as :

There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.DefaultPipelines.EdiSend, Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.EdiPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "EDI assembler" Send Port: "OK837Export_Send837Batch" URI: "D:\Biztalk Ports\HIPAA837Output\%datetime.tz%.edi" Reason: A message was encountered with root element name of PAM_Control. It could not be classified as an X12 or Edifact message. The root namespace was http://SQLControlMessage.IssueSelect

Not sure why I get these errors. Is this the a best way to create a batch ? Also I could see below errors in my event viewer:

A message sent to adapter "FILE" on send port "OK837Export_Send837Batch" with URI "D:\Biztalk Ports\HIPAA837Output\%datetime.tz%.edi" is suspended.

Error details: There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.DefaultPipelines.EdiSend, Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.EdiPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "EDI assembler" Send Port: "OK837Export_Send837Batch" URI: "D:\Biztalk Ports\HIPAA837Output\%datetime.tz%.edi" Reason: A message was encountered with root element name of PAM_Control. It could not be classified as an X12 or Edifact message. The root namespace was http://SQLControlMessage.IssueSelect

MessageId: {415802BC-AF40-4C73-9747-7A9274DD1C5D}

InstanceID: {B47BDCD1-D905-4362-9A29-FA816E2807E5}

Any how this error does not stop the batching orchestration to release the batch.

Is there a way to overcome this ? I want to automatically create a Batch, did not want to do any manual or scheduling in batch. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Ram

• Edited by Ram36 Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:33 PM Added a message
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:57 PM

All replies

• Hi, Ram

This thread could be helpful :
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkediandas2/thread/428a88d6-8185-48b9-9d66-9d1bef588191

Regards
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:32 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

Will the error be of any issue during a continous run of 837 ? I know that error is not a good sign, but i would like to know whether this error have any serious issues, as i could create the batch and the output seems to have compliance to the format of 837.

Thanks!

Ram
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 2:16 PM
  • What version of BizTalk are you using. I would assume 2010. Is there a reason you are writing directly to the database and not using the documented method for manually triggering the release?
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:10 PM
  • Andrew,

Im using BizTalk Server 2009. Please let me know the documented method that you are talking about. I currently trigger the release from a SSIS package, so I insert the records to PAM_CONTROL.

Thanks!

Ram
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Hi Ram,

This may be related to the application design logic.  If I understand correctly, the batching orchestration is producing the batched message and the file send port does write out that file successfully.  The error you received is in addition to the file being written successfully.  If so, then it looks like the actual control message somehow got passed to the file send port as well, in addition to the batched message.  I am not sure why this is so.  If you can reproduce it with a simple setup, please share your projects and we can take a look.  If it is too complicated, we may need to open a ticket for investigation.

Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Thanks,

Cathy Miller

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Cathy,

The issue was with the send port filter settings. Once I added all the filters the suspended message went away. Earlier the Batch name was not added in the filter and I did add it. Also made the ToBeBatched==false as logical "and" to the conditions. Its solved now.

Thanks!

Ram
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 4:29 PM