none
Azure function_microservice architecture RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i need a help like i want to achieve microservices architecture like, I've converted my XML message into json  and what i need to done is like , I am going to split the message based on micro services and each microservices will deserialize few json content and store few fields in a object. Then I am going to group all objects from various microservices again in a single object to move for further process.  How to achieve this, i just want to do it with function app. Kindly suggest me if any other idea there also
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:53 PM

All replies

• Your question is too broad. If you have any specific issues with using Azure Functions, kindly open a new thread.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:34 PM
  • I just want to split the json message into multiple microservices , for each microservices i have created a azure function where I deserialize json content to objects and from each azure function (microservices) i need to collect objects and group it in a single object in another azure function. I just want to know how to utilize objects from other azure functions in a azure function for grouping.
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

- have a look at the Durable Functions for your pattern.

Basically, for using a standard Azure Functions (AF) you need 3 x QueueTrigger Functions for Pre-Processing, Processing and Post-Processing a business context. The following screen snippet shows this pattern:

Integration between the functions is via the Azure Queue Storage and the process state is keeping in the lease blob. The Splitter has a responsibility to create for each business context (request) a State in the lease blob and decomposition of the business payload into the small parts and passing them into the queue for their processing. The State knows (from the Splitter) about the business decomposition. Each Processor will get a lease exclusive (read/write) access to the lease blob to get the business state and made its update. The last Processor will send the message to the Aggregator such as a business Post-Processor.

Note, that the State is very small object for business composition with a references to the data stored during the business context processing, eg. in the Azure Table Storage.

More details about the usage of the lease blob in the distributed serverless architecture can be found here.

Thanks

Roman

• Edited by Roman Kiss Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:07 PM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:04 PM