none
how many concurrency request can handel in wcf RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have a question :

wcf support how many concurrency request a time ?

for example i have a wcf service and a lot of (10000) client that call the wcf together 

thanks

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 10:54 AM

Answers

• My guess with the data you've given is the following.

If it processes for 30 seconds, and you have 100.000 clients, they will probably time out or crash the server.

What are you actually trying to achieve?
    And are the 100.000 clients trying at the same time, or over a span of 24 hours?

Developing is part of being a developer.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:19 AM
  • The default concurrent connection is 5, which is adjustable. So you sit it to 100,000 But the concurrent connections the O/S allows that is hosting the WCF service only allows 50 concurrent connections, which is based concurrent connection licenses purchased for the O/S. Then what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client_access_license

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 1:20 PM
  • thanks form all

i try it and in fact i can  do 50  concurrent connections

Saturday, March 7, 2015 8:04 AM

All replies

• I think all your clients will be able to use your WCF Service regardless of Concurrency.
    I believe that concurrency is related to the threading of the individual request. Not completely sure about that part though. But, all your clients should be able to access the service regardless of the concurrency. That would be more based on the stress on your server.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:02 AM
  • thank for your answer

my means i have a service with 1 minuts time and i have a method onto it ,that do process for 30 sec ,now if 100,000 client together call the wcf service, my server can handle it or no?

my server have 10 CPU and 4 gig RAM

thanks

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:11 AM
  • My guess with the data you've given is the following.

If it processes for 30 seconds, and you have 100.000 clients, they will probably time out or crash the server.

What are you actually trying to achieve?
    And are the 100.000 clients trying at the same time, or over a span of 24 hours?

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:19 AM
  • thanks for your answer

1- wcf can do how many Requests?

2- i told 100.000 clients or more , what is your solution for it?(all of them are trying at the same time)

thanks

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:32 AM
  • The default concurrent connection is 5, which is adjustable. So you sit it to 100,000 But the concurrent connections the O/S allows that is hosting the WCF service only allows 50 concurrent connections, which is based concurrent connection licenses purchased for the O/S. Then what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client_access_license

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 1:20 PM
  • thanks form all

i try it and in fact i can  do 50  concurrent connections

Saturday, March 7, 2015 8:04 AM