none
cd/dvd not recog. nor responding !! grrr. RRS feed

• Question

• I have read many of the solutions for this problem. BUT I cannot trust these will work for me since I have many drivers for diff progs . I have never had any conflicts w/ progs but recently had my puter hacked from inside my home. Probs ever since and virus is picking up nothing. NO cd/dvd drive and I accessed it two days ago , didnt use it and it quit. I have security progs, recording progs, media, roxio, musicmatch and recently after the break-in added a external drive prog to back up the contents. still no conflicts but still no drive for cd/dvd??
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 3:59 AM

All replies

• I have read many of the solutions for this problem. BUT I cannot trust these will work for me since I have many drivers for diff progs . I have never had any conflicts w/ progs but recently had my puter hacked from inside my home. Probs ever since and virus is picking up nothing. NO cd/dvd drive and I accessed it two days ago , didnt use it and it quit. I have security progs, recording progs, media, roxio, musicmatch and recently after the break-in added a external drive prog to back up the contents. still no conflicts but still no drive for cd/dvd??
    I think the registry has lost the drive types.  I'd remove the device from system hardware manager.  The re-boot and have my hardware drivers CD's handy to reinstall as the system finds them.

Jerry Babiome
    Friday, November 4, 2011 9:14 PM