Notify Appointment Organizer of Appointment changes? RRS feed

• Question

• I am synchronizing a user's calendar with our third party system via EWS / delegate access.  I would like to notify the delegator (organizer) to be notified of changes to Appointments, because these appointments may be created / edited by others that are given the ability in the third party system.

I have added them as a Required Attendee which accomplishes it, but adds the user to the meeting twice, I assume as a attendee and organizer.

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:01 PM

All replies

• If your modifying the appointments in the Organizers calendar and then Sending Updates the Organizer wont receive an update which is more or less by design because these update messages are used by the Attendees to update the Meeting in question (this fits in with the attendee functionality to accept/decline, propose new time etc which aren't valid actions if your the organizer of the meeting). But if you are modifying the appointment with your code why don't you just add some extra code to send a notification email to the Organizer.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:57 AM
  • I understand the logic of why you wouldn't send a notification to the person that made the update, but I guess I figured it would be seen different by Exchange if it was being done by a delegate.  I'm just thinking in the normal flow of things, If I delegate access to my calendar to my secretary for instance I would need to be notified if they make changes to existing appointments and/or make new appointments...
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:58 PM