Issue with having entered 2 licencing keys - complete app failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been running the Blend 4 Trial for the last month and when I launched the app today, I was asked to enter a product key. I clicked on 'I have a product key and want to licence Microsoft Expression Blend' and entered the key, then clicked continue. After a pause I get a message saying 'Thankyou for licencing this product. You will not be prompted for the key again.' When I click on 'OK' the app dies. When I restart the app I end up with the same process all over again.

If I enter the key and then select the 'Activate product now' radiobutton, I get a progress bar for a couple of seconds and then the following message: 'You have entered more than one product key that you can use to activate your Expression product. Verify which product key you want to use, and then click the Enter Product Key on the help menu to reenter the product key and activate your Expression product.'  Again when I click OK, the app closes again.

I cannot get to the main menu as the Licencing box appears as a modal dialog that will not allow access to the app behind. There seems to be no way around this. I have uninstalled the entire suite and re-installed but to no avail. Still got the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this or how to remove the two keys from my PC? (I had previously entered a different key but was informed by the app that the licence had already reached its limit, so I got a new one)

Please help so that I can continue working!!

Rgds,

Matt Harris

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:32 PM

All replies

•  had this exact same issue, in my case it was because I downloaded the blend installer from the expression site, and used the license key from my MSDN account.

Turns out you have to use the blend installer from the MSDN site that goes with the license key, they don't seem to be compatible otherwise.

Felix
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:59 AM
  • Thanks Felix, long time no see! Really appreciate your reply.

I did manage to resolve this issue in the end by doing the following:

I opened Expression Encoder, went to Help->Enter Product Key, entered my product key again and hit continue.

This sorted out the licensing problem with Expression Blend, I’m not getting prompted anymore.

http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en/general/thread/c168081f-69e2-43bf-b71a-08d1015f8e23

Thanks all,

Matt

• Proposed as answer by Brian Hilstrom Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:03 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:34 PM
  • Thanks Matt.  I had similar issue.  I started to use Expression encoder some time after activating and use of Expression Web.  When I started to use encoder I started getting prompted to enter a license key in Expression Web and regardless what i did i could not get Expression Web to work.  Your post helped.  Thanks man.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:55 AM