Source request: DX game example Copper from Build

Question

• I couldnt find the source when going through the sample list. Is there any way we can get the source privately or publicly for the Copper demo from build?

Thanks

• Edited by Mayarnel Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:50 PM
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mayarnel

Unfortunately the Copper Metro style application is one of the Intern apps mentioned in the Keynote at //build/. The source is not expected to be made available. See this thread for details:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/toolsforwinapps/thread/d1516f3b-f643-4788-897e-2aaa47a25881/

Is there a particular feature you were wanting to see a sample demonstrating? If it is DirectX related, I'd recommend trying the forum: Building Metro style games with DirectX

Thanks,

David Lamb

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:39 PM
  • I saw some use of effects that were used in Copper (namely confetti) and wanted to use them as a base for some playing around I was doing, rather than rebuilding them myself since I am less familiar with the basic setup of effects in DX. I've been going through the sessions that use effects (770 mostly) but it'd be significantly faster to just pull something very similar  to what I want from existing samples.

I recognize based on reading the other thread that the intern projects may not have gone through the same rigorous review process, but I'm not terribly worried about that ;)

Is there a way to contact them directly?

And yes I guess this would be more appropriate for the DX forum. I figured since the Copper code would be C++ i could get away with asking for it here

Thanks

• Edited by Mayarnel Thursday, October 06, 2011 5:58 PM
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 5:57 PM