none
VLOOKUP issue in excel while trying to fetch formula related info using .net application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a .Net application running in a desktop which will try to fetch formula related information from excel application whenever a workbook being used.

Using the below code to identify the formula:

Object value = sheet.Cells.SpecialCells(Excel.XlCellType.xlCellTypeFormulas, System.Reflection.Missing.Value);

When this identification process is being processed in .Net application VLOOKUP operation is getting failed in excel.

In excel, i am trying to perform a VLOOKUP between two excel workbooks for data comparison. Here the sheet reference to the second workbook is getting decoupled when the .net application is active and running. Once the application was terminated, VLOOKUP operation works fine without any issues.

Can anyone help me in resolving this problem. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 10:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not able to understand the issue exactly.

I created two workbooks named book1 and book2 in Excel 2013. And there is an VLOOK forumla in book2 which refer to book1. Then I used code to open the workbook2 and get the spcific cell by code below. I can get the cell value correctly.

dynamic aCell= workbook.Worksheets[1].Cells.SpecialCells(XlCellType.xlCellTypeFormulas, System.Reflection.Missing.Value);

Console.WriteLine(aCell.Value);

Please feel free to let me know if I misunderstood.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, September 3, 2015 5:55 AM