none
database connectivity problem of Emulator in .NET 2003 & 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Visual Studio 2005 on a Windows Xp.  My app uses a web service that runs on the IIS  Web Server of Xp. The web server works fine for desktop apps but when I try to request the WSDL of the web service from within the pocket internet explorer the device emulator can't connect to the host OS's web server. My guess is that the reason for this is that I can't get the virtual network driver working on Xp. I have installed the virtual network driver and I also can see the services available in the loopback adapter or the real network adapters connection. When the device emulator gets started I get the error message that the virtual network driver can't get loaded and I better go download and install the driver, but it is already installed. Is there a workaround of how I can get the virtual network driver on Xp installed .

Saturday, March 18, 2006 6:55 AM

Answers

• It looks like your issue is related to using the PPC device emulator. 

This forum is patrolled by folks who are experts in developing apps that run on Windows Vista mobile computers (e.g. laptops, Tablet PCs, UMPCs). For Windows Mobile and Pocket PC questions, I suggest posting to one of the Pocket PC forums.

David

Monday, March 20, 2006 5:51 PM