By What, logs send from principle to Mirror server? RRS feed

• Question

• In Replication data transferred using agents,Logshipping-jobs and like what is in Mirroring transfers log records? Could you explain,do we have any triggers or any SP's?
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 10:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Mirroring uses Service Broker under the covers in order to manage communication during the data transfer process via dedicated TCP endpoints and continuously sends log records to the mirror.

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog, Twitter or Hire Me.
    Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful button if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

• Proposed as answer by PrinceLucifer Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:10 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:25 AM

All replies

• Internal mechanism implemented in Mirroring , I hope someone from MS will jump in and expand more for the subject.

Best Regards, Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP http://dimantdatabasesolutions.blogspot.com/ http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:02 AM
  • It does seem to be a bit of a dark art.  From what I gather, it's based on Service Broker, which sends the physical log records across the wire to the mirror at the point (or near) the principal servers log buffer is flushed to disk.

I, too, would like to get a definitive end-to-end under the hood explanation of how it works...

Thanks,

Andrew Bainbridge
    SQL Server DBA

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem, or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

Mirroring uses Service Broker under the covers in order to manage communication during the data transfer process via dedicated TCP endpoints and continuously sends log records to the mirror.

Sean Massey | Consultant, iUNITE

Feel free to contact me through My Blog, Twitter or Hire Me.
    Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful button if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

• Proposed as answer by PrinceLucifer Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:10 AM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:25 AM