none
Exchange push and stream notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi support,

We have subscribed for exchange notifications(push and stream) through our app so that we are in sync with calendar i.e anything changed in calendar event(appointment) we will sync same in our app.

Exchange notifies with eventId and when we try to fetch data for that eventId it gives appointment as NULL for some eventIds and it fetches data for some eventIds. As mentioned in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/client-developer/exchange-web-services/notification-subscriptions-mailbox-events-and-ews-in-exchange#what-ews-events-can-i-subscribe-to, it looks like as exchange notifies for actions other than actions done on a event or appointment. We want to deal only with item of type appointments. So Is there any way to subscribe to notifications for appointment only or how we can skip other unnecessary notifications or something similar?

Thanks

Priyank

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:46 PM

All replies

• When you create the subscription you specify the type of events you want to subscribe to and that is the only filtering or configuration you can do. Everything else you will need to do at the client side once you get the notification

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:58 PM
  • Thanks, We are already specifying actions for which we want notification using EventType num. Just want to know like on what actions EventType.Created notification will we receive other than creating calendar event or where I can find list of actions for each EventType.
    Friday, February 1, 2019 8:18 AM
  • You should be testing thoroughly any code you write so that should provide you the answer to your question. As for a list probably https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.exchange.webservices.data.eventtype?view=exchange-ews-api is the closest . You should be validating with your client side code the type of items you want to process a create event will fire for anything created in a calendar folder and that could be literally anything by any of the many client agents using that folder so it requires good code to run reliably. . 

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, February 4, 2019 1:16 AM