VS2010 Cannot Drag From Data Sources RRS feed

• Question

• I have VS2010 Pro, and am designing a winform app in VB that uses reportviewer. I have version 10 of reportviewer.winforms and reportviewer.common showing in my references. I can add the control viewer. I can display a report properly. But I cannot drag fields from the 'data sources' window/toolbox. Am I missing components? If so, how do I install? I have reinstalled the 2010 reportveiwer.exe several times trying to get this functionality.

Thanks.

-Mike
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:08 PM

Answers

• You have to use the 'Report Data' pane to drag and drop data source fields to a report. You can access it from the menu by going to the View -> Report Data when a report is opened in the designer.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Proposed as answer by Matt Meyer - MSFT Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by VTSMike Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:29 AM

All replies

• You have to use the 'Report Data' pane to drag and drop data source fields to a report. You can access it from the menu by going to the View -> Report Data when a report is opened in the designer.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Proposed as answer by Matt Meyer - MSFT Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by VTSMike Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:18 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:29 AM
  • Matt,

Thank you!

-Mike
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:19 PM