No default or neutral resource given for 'application/text'.

Question

• The VS2012 RC PRI compiler prints this message:

MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'application/text'.

However a default language is given in the apps manifest. How to solve this issue?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Phil,

Do you need to set the default or neutral resource for some reason?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:18 PM
  • Jeff, this is a VS2012 warning that goes further in explaining that the user might see excepions beeing thrown if a resource cannot be located because of a missing default/neutral resource. Who knows? It could also be a bug in VS.
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:36 PM
  • Let's see if the tools guys have a hint as to the impact of this warning... Transferring to that Forum

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, June 14, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Hi Phil,

after you get the above error, could you navigate to where your project is located on disk and look for bld directory e.g. C:\projects\App1\App1\bld\Debug and zip up those files to send to me?  If this repros in a smaller project that you are willing to send, that might be even better.  Please send it to mikewong at microsoft.com and I will take a look to get more detail on the error.  The directory contents give me a better idea on what resources we're iterating through when the error is thrown.

much appreciated,

mike

Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:10 PM
  • Thanks Mike, I appreciate your offer to help. Mail is already on its way to you.
    Friday, June 15, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Hi Mike, same problem te me, if you need I'll send you my solution too. Because is not a small one, I'll wait for your request, if still needed.
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Any news on this?

I have the same message using NuGet and VS 2013

Thank you

Bernd

2>MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'Files/Microsoft.Data.Edm.resources.dll'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.

2>MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'Files/Microsoft.Data.OData.resources.dll'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.

2>MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'Files/Microsoft.Data.Services.Client.resources.dll'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.

2>MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'Files/System.Spatial.resources.dll'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.

Saturday, February 07, 2015 8:50 AM
  • Hi..

I also encountered the same issue/s that looks like this.. with NuGet and VS 2013

Thanks.

BB

"E:\buildLS_que\repos\LS\LE\Apps\LES\Build\Exp.sln" (default target) (1) ->

"E:\buildLS_que\repos\LS\LE\Apps\LES\Exp\Exp.csproj" (default target) (2) ->

(_GenerateProjectPriFileCore target) -> 

MakePRI : warning 0xdef01051: No default or neutral resource given for 'Sections_MHi/Errors/InavalidChar'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources. [E:\buildLS_que\repos\LS\LE\Apps\LES\Exp\Exp.csproj]

...and so on..

Monday, February 16, 2015 10:46 AM