Automatic selection in preview pane RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to automatically select an item within the Preview Pane view in SharePoint?

By default a Preview Pane shows all items within the document library which can be hovered over and all details associated are populated. If I limit down the returned items to 1, or even link a filter which only returns one item you still need to hover over this 1 item to show its details. I want this to be automatic, no hovering required (ideally with the hover-able item title hidden). Is this possible?

Many thanks in advance.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• I haven't disected that view, but it certainly ought to be possible with a little script (JavaScript or jQuery) on the page load.

M.
    Marc D Anderson - Sympraxis Consulting LLC - Marc D Anderson's Blog - @sympmarc - jQuery Library for SharePoint Web Services
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Friday, December 11, 2009 7:47 AM
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 7:12 PM
  • The Preview Pane view in SharePoint is described in http://www.endusersharepoint.com/2009/04/23/a-hidden-gem-the-preview-pane-view-in-sharepoint/ .

If you want the hover-able item title hidden, beside client scripts Marc mentioned, I think you can use a Data Form Web Part in Single item view.

• Marked as answer by GuYuming Friday, December 11, 2009 7:47 AM
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:50 AM
  • Sorry for replying old thread.

I encountered same situation recently and I found a quite simple way to solve this.

I also created a view that limits down query result,

so there's only 1 node of "ms-vb-title" shows up in this page,

and it's easy to find that node with jQuery.

In some cases, the "showpreview" function may be renamed to "showpreview2",

just check out the source and find which function is attached to the mouseover event.

Here's script works for me:

<script>
    $(document).ready(function(){
        $('.ms-vb-title').each(function()
        {
            showpreview1(this);
        }
        );
    }
    );
    </script>

Friday, March 18, 2011 4:11 AM