none
task link tool does not raise task changed events, It really should, Is there anyway to list tasks changed with the Task Link tool after/before they are linked? RRS feed

• Question

• Program : MS Project 2007
    Language: vb.NET
    Type: VS2010 addin with ADX
    Purpose of Solution: The purpose of this solution is to synchronise Project with an external database in close to real time. The other database must stay separate to Project.
    Using MS Project events 'ProjectBeforeTaskChange2' and 'ProjectBeforeTaskChange' in different methods, both are hit when making changes to tasks manually as expected.
    However when the 'Link Tasks' tool or 'Interactive Link' is used no events are triggered. Is there an event I missed? or another way to discover the changes.
    My only other options I can think of are:
    • The three blind mice approach on a timer (not the best as resources go, but fool proof)
    • Redesign the linking tool so it fires taskChanged Events (a little bit of reinventing the wheel)
    • Capture the linking tool button event, before or after the event (I am not sure where or how!)
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 12:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

just an idea: Can event ProjectCalculate help in your case?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by MAP82 Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:54 PM
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

just an idea: Can event ProjectCalculate help in your case?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by MAP82 Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:54 PM
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Thanks Barbra,

I have just tested the calculate event again,

I didn't fullt test the calculate event when testing.

The calculate event is hit every time there is a change which will help, I am now testing for changes on_calculate and can now use the active selection to narrow the search.

This sould be a good workaround in my case.

Thanks,

Mick

Sunday, January 8, 2012 10:54 PM