none
Dynamic manifest filtering based on available network RRS feed

• Question

• The dynamic manifest filters have been shown to exclude specific renditions based on device capability. I would like to implement filtering based on available network conditions. For example, ,when available network bandwidth is poor, only the lower bitrates renditions should be included in the manifest, and rest should be filtered out.

1. How can I implement this?

2. How will Azure determine the network conditions to filter out manifests?

Thanks in advance!

John

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hi John, thank you for your question. We would like to work closer with you on this matter to understand your requirements and use case. Can you please reach out to us at azcommunity@microsoft.com with your subscription ID and the URL of this post? We look forward to your reply.
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:41 AM
  • Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your response. My use case is to filter manifest based on available network of the requesting device. Can I identify if the device is in cellular network, and provide only a subset of lower bit rate renditions, instead of providing the complete manifest.

Regards,

John

Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:19 PM
  • Hi John,

Sorry for missing your reply. I don't believe I've seen an email from you. We'd like to put you in touch with as support engineer to help assist you on your question. If you still need assistance, please follow the steps in my first reply so we can help you further.

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:21 AM