none
How to Get Accepted and Rejected Text in Microsoft Word Asp.net c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have enabled track changes in my word document . After making changes i have accepted/Rejected the changes.

After completing the process(Accept/Reject) I need to find to find out which text is accepted and which text is rejected.

Kindly suggest  how to achieve this.

R. Ravikumar

Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:39 PM

All replies

• All of the revisions are kept in Revisions member of document. See also the Revision object. But when a revision is accepted or rejected, the change is either incorporated into document or removed, and the corresponding Revision is probably removed. Perform some experiments with documents and Revisions collection.

Better to ask in a forum focused on Word and Office development. For example: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=worddev.

Saturday, August 19, 2017 7:59 PM
  • Hi Ravikumar,

According to your question is more related to office, I will move the thread to Word for Developers forum for suitable support.

The Visual C# discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools . If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution .

Best Regards,
    Feih-7

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fei Hu Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:38 AM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

For more information, please visit Considerations for server-side Automation of Office.

Miscrosoft recommends and supports to use Open XML libaray to manipulate Open XML file formats. Unfortunately, we are unable to get accept/reject text after completing the process. We could only get the changing after you make changes. Once the text is accepted and rejected, there is no way to get the history text.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:34 AM