none
Create excel (excel online) Pivot Table with the Javascript API for Office RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am begginer with the javascript API for office developement. I can see that the setSelectedDataAsync method allow only inserting text, matrix and table into excel spreadsheet. My goal is to insert a pivot table inside excel, so I can use pivot table helpers (such as slicer, fields list ....) and also refresh pivot table programmatically. 

So is there a way to insert pivot Table into excel/excel online using the javascript api for office?

said

Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>> So is there a way to insert pivot Table into excel/excel online using the javascript api for office?

No, I’m afraid the current JavaScript API has not provided this feature yet. If this is a feature you want to include in future version of Office JavaScript API, I suggest you submitting the feedback to Office Development Platform User Voice.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 11, 2015 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> So is there a way to insert pivot Table into excel/excel online using the javascript api for office?

No, I’m afraid the current JavaScript API has not provided this feature yet. If this is a feature you want to include in future version of Office JavaScript API, I suggest you submitting the feedback to Office Development Platform User Voice.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 11, 2015 8:07 AM
  • Is this still Valid? Can we now insert pivot table using office.js or some other apporach?

TIA

Friday, September 8, 2017 1:10 PM