Profiler - Entry point gets called thrice. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I kept the entry point for profiling the MVC web applications as  "System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler:System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest" and injected some helper function calls inside it's function body.

But my injected helper function is getting called thrice ( Means the Entry point is getting called thrice for the same URL).

What could be the reason for this..? Should i choose a different entry point ?

Thanks 

Selva

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hello Selva,

For this issue, I am trying to invoke someone experienced to help look into this thread, this may take some time and as soon as we get any result, we will post back.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:37 AM
  • Thanks! Awaiting for a reply..!

Monday, March 30, 2015 5:37 AM
  • Hi,

I kept the entry point for profiling the MVC web applications as  "System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler:System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest" and injected some helper function calls inside it's function body.

But my injected helper function is getting called thrice ( Means the Entry point is getting called thrice for the same URL).

What could be the reason for this..? Should i choose a different entry point ?

Thanks 

Selva

Selva,

You should familiarize yourself with the ASP.NET request pipeline as well as the MVC.NET request pipeline.  Each EndProcessRequest method should have an accompanying BeginProcessRequest method associated with it (a better "entry point").  Handlers can be nested and studying the MVC.NET pipeline will help explain how a request gets routed to a controller.

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction.

Jeffrey_

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:08 AM
    Friday, April 3, 2015 2:55 PM