none
Do anything different for .NET 4.0 assemblies RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I saw that my msi had indeed been installing my .NET 4.0 assembly to the gac at:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL

I changed my web.config file to match the version and it seems to compile now, but I get an error the first time I try to instantiate a class that's in my assembly.  The web.config entries that I've been using for assemblies that are in the GAC look like:

<assemblies><br/>
        <add assembly="System.Messaging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" /><br/>
        <add assembly="CompanyName.Product.DotNet3Point5Assembly, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1234567891234567" /><br/>
        <add assembly="CompanyName.Product.DotNet4Point0Assembly, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1234567891234567" /><br/>
       </assemblies><br/>

Do I need to do anything different for .NET 4.0 assemblies?

-Eric

• Split by Cookie Luo Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:15 AM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric

Can you please tell me what error have you got?

Have a nice day.

Cookie Luo[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:23 AM
  • The control environment where my code was failing was down for a few days for some Sql Server maintenance.  When it came back up, my reference was working.  I have no idea why.  I didn't do anything.

-Eric

Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:54 PM