Upload R .zip package error. RRS feed

• Question

• install.packages("src/lda_1.3.2.zip", lib = ".", repos = NULL, verbose = TRUE);

success <- library("lda", lib.loc = ".", logical.return = TRUE, verbose = TRUE);

I got the error: not find src/lda_1.3.2.zip. I uploaded .zip file to 'saved dataset'. 

Any idea?

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:31 PM

Answers

• To clarify for your use case - installing a package from a zip file - you need to store your desired Zip (in this case lda_1.3.2.zip) into ANOTHER zip file:

foo.zip

contains: lda_1.3.2.zip

You would then upload foo.zip to Azure ML and connect that to Execute R Script.

• Proposed as answer by Govind Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by neerajkh_MSFT Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:29 AM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 3:15 AM

All replies

• A .zip file gets automatically unzipped when passed into the R module as input. So the src folder will contain the individual files from the .zip package, but not the .zip file itself.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:23 AM
  • To clarify for your use case - installing a package from a zip file - you need to store your desired Zip (in this case lda_1.3.2.zip) into ANOTHER zip file:

foo.zip

contains: lda_1.3.2.zip

You would then upload foo.zip to Azure ML and connect that to Execute R Script.

• Proposed as answer by Govind Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by neerajkh_MSFT Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:29 AM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 3:15 AM
  • I'm doing exactly that....but I'm still getting a "not found error" .....

install.packages("src/foo/rstan.zip", lib = ".", repos = NULL, verbose = TRUE)

the package 'rstan' is zipped into rstan.zip and then zipped into foo.zip.  Dont know why this is not working!

Friday, July 24, 2015 10:20 AM
  • Hello, because probably you did not keep the other packages that rstan package needs to run.  inlinegridExtra , Rcpp these are three other packages (check are these available in Azure or not, if not just download the packages that are not available, and also check any other package dependencies require or not), keep all these in same folder of foo.zip and give the code

install.packages("src/foo/rstan.zip", lib = ".", repos = NILL, verbose = T)

install.packages("src/foo/inline.zip", lib = ".", repos = NILL, verbose = T)

install.packages("src/foo/gripExtra", lib = ".", repos = NILL, verbose = T)

install.packages("src/foo/Rcpp.zip", lib = ".", repos = NILL, verbose = T)

library(rstan, lib.loc = ".", verbose = TRUE)

Hope it will work.

• Proposed as answer by Bipul Mohanto Saturday, January 30, 2016 9:53 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 1:33 PM